Monday was Chinese New Year. It was fantastic. For those unfamiliar with the holiday, it's sort of like a Halloween+Thanksgiving+New Years+your birthday combined. It's quite an event. The custom is to eat tons of food, wish everyone a happy new years, visit your family, and have many parties......for ten days. And chances are, you'd probably be 50- a few hundred dollars richer. It's custom to give money and gifts.
Haha, this doesn't mean I go thru all of this of course. You'd really have to be in China to experience the whole blast. I did however, watch a Divine Performing Arts (DPA) show on TV. It was marvelous. Authentic traditional Chinese classical dance, singing, instrument playing. Beautifully presented. They're coming to NC this fall. I highly recommend it for anyone wishing to understand a little bit of China's history, culture, and current day events, while experiencing the air of a holiday.
website for DPA
http://shenyun.us/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment